2022 Forum for Directors of Luxembourg Credit Institutions
Now in its 10th annual edition, the ILA 2022 Forum for Directors of Luxembourg Credit Institutions is Luxembourg’s original and leading venue for bank directors and senior executives to discuss pertinent topics for bank boards.
The forum is designed to engage board members and senior executives on corporate governance regulation and the corresponding demands on board transparency, increased director accountability, and increased dialogue with management and regulators. The Board of Directors must have appropriate knowledge, understanding, and professional experience and, collectively, its members must have a thorough understanding of the bank’s strategy, risks, and of the overall industrial, economic, and regulatory environment.
This Forum is an opportunity for directors to receive an update and exchange on latest developments, including an opportunity to discuss the practical implementation of governance frameworks. In previous years, participants and speakers have included Board Chairs, CEOs, regulators, bank directors and control functions.
- Updates with the Luxembourg CSSF & the ECB
- Board Composition & Functioning
- Remuneration Practices
- Latest Regulatory Developments
- Board Evaluations
- Risk Strategies & Management Frameworks
- Crisis Management
- Director Skills & Training
- Case Studies
Benefits of the program
- An update on latest regulatory developments
- An ability to assess and score internal governance, board compliance, and structure
- Gap analysis and advice in defining and implementing new processes and effective internal controls
- Valuable training which fulfills ongoing director training requirements
- CEO’s and Directors of Credit Institutions
- Authorised Management
- Independent Directors
"We operate a global banking group and as Chair of our Luxembourg bank, it is critical that we ensure a consistent and high level of governance at board level which is compliant with local requirements.
As a director with experience in multiple countries, I especially appreciated the Forum’s mix of updates on regulatory developments together with discussions about new trends and best practices.
The Forum attracts board members and senior executives with a limited number of seats, making it conducive to a robust exchange of ideas which is a valuable (and rare) opportunity in this industry."
- Bernd von Maltzan, Director, EFG International AG & Chair, EFG Bank (Luxembourg) S.A.
"ILA’s Annual Forum for Directors of Luxembourg Credit Institutions is an excellent venue for independent directors to interact with peers and industry experts about the latest developments affecting directors of bank boards.
I have attended the Forum a number of times over the past few years and always appreciate the opportunity to exchange directly with the regulator and participants about priorities and new areas of risk for banks. This Forum is a unique opportunity which contributes to directors’ ongoing training requirements and is a “must-attend” event for everyone on a bank board in Luxembourg."
- Jan Stig Rasmussen, Independent Director