benefits of the program
Understand the key components of company secretarial practice in Luxembourg
Learn about the respective roles and responsibilities of the key stakeholders
Explore the best corporate governance practices the company secretarial field in order to ensure optimal Board and Management support
Assess Board and key corporate bodies' dynamics and maximise personal effectiveness
Consider on current developments, trends and topical issues.
Program and audience
Board support personnel, such as current and aspiring Company Secretaries, Corporate Officers, including Law Professionals, who support and advise the Board of Directors and Managers, and who wish to increase their understanding of corporate governance concepts.
PROGRAM AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Open-entry: no previous specific qualification or experience is required to enter the program.
Eligibility entry criteria:
- Be a ILA Member
- Sign the ILA Code of Conduct (incl. CPD Commitment)
- Submit a full application file to ILA
- On acceptance, payment of the fee
PROGRAM OUTLINE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- 2 Pillars of four mandatory modules each: Pillar 1 must precede Pillar 2
- To qualify for the Certificate, all 8 modules must be completed within a limited timeframe of 3 years, and the exams must be passed successfully
- Limited to 20 participants per module, for enhanced interaction
- Priority will be given to candidates who commit and register for the full program
- Modules can also be taken individually - outside of the full certification program
- Modules and exams are conducted in English
- Exams (each Pillar will be assessed by a 2-hour multiple choice exam , exam sessions will be held twice a year (January & July), exams are limited to 2 attempts)
- Mandatory CPD credits to be accumulated after certification: 6 hours of training per year.