More and more companies operate globally and are embracing cloud technologies to manage the increasing volumes of data and introduce digital solutions to enhance service levels and lower costs. Consequently, a lot of personal data and information is stored on personal digital devices, in corporate data centers, and in multiple cloud platforms increasing the desire of customers, employees and third parties to control how their personal data is being used and provide greater transparency around data processing.
This General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) course details your requirements as a board member regarding the GDPR and addresses in a comprehensive and practical way the questions you may be confronted with in the context of your professional duties.
Corporate governance is the framework that directs and controls companies. Sound corporate governance enables a firm’s board and executives to work together to deliver a firm’s agreed strategy and meet its goals, including protecting the company from data breaches, loss of customer trust and reputation as well as the increasingly high regulatory fines under the GDPR. Demonstrating effective governance of privacy programs is a Board responsibility.
This course details your requirements as Board members and addresses in a comprehensive and practical way the questions you may be confronted with in the context of your professional duties.
- Introduction to the GDPR (Purpose, terminology and scope)
- Regulatory Framework
- GDPR Principles
- Data Subject Rights
- Roles and Responsibilities under the GDPR (Data controller, data processor and joint data processors, DPO)
- Implementation and Future Outlooks
- Final test (score of 75% needed for successful completion, 2 attempts available ONLY)
Benefits of the program
At the end of the course you will :
- be familiar with and understand the purpose of the GDPR;
- have a clear view of the regulatory framework of the GDPR in the EU;
- be clear about the different principles of the GDPR;
- know your professional obligations as a board member related to the GDPR;
- know what the role of the board, the data controller, and the data processor as well as their correlation. Be clear on the duties of the DPO is and when a DPO is required.
- see where and how to implement and apply the GDPR within the organization
This course is designed for Board members and C-Suite leaders of companies in the financial sector / other industry sectors.
- To register, please select a ticket in the above boxes.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the registrant including the invoice for payment
- Upon reception of the payment the participant will receive a welcome message from Institut Luxembourgeois des Administrateurs via this separate email address email@example.com. This e-mail will contain the link to our new LMS platform, where you will be requested to select a password, it will then give you access to the e-learning course.
- The registration to the course will close on 15 December, the eLearning can be completed up until 31 December 2023.
For registrations above 3 participants:
- A discount can be granted, should you be interested to register a full Board of Directors, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a discount is granted, please note that it will not be possible to pay via credit card, only via bank transfer.
- The registration fees include the access to the learning platform and the issuance of a certificate of participation subject to the successful completion of the final test.
- Follow-up reporting for group registrations is NOT included but can be done upon request and would involve additional costs.
Date & Time
To be completed until 31/12/2023
Book your spot
Member fee : 120,00€ (VAT excl)
Non-member fee: 180,00€ (VAT excl)
Share on Social Media
Agenda and schedule
Chambre de Commerce Luxembourg
7 Rue Alcide de Gasperi
1615 Luxembourg - Luxembourg
Contact the organiser
Institut Luxembourgeois des Administrateurs
| +352 26 49 58 5963