Board members and collectively the Board of Directors are ultimately responsible for the financial statements of an entity. A financial statement audit can be disaggregated in several stages and the main objective of this course is to highlight those areas and the audit process where interactions between the Board and the auditor are required or considered as best practice to ensure an ISA compliant and efficient audit cycle. Understanding the role of the auditor and its responsibilities will further contribute to a sound understanding of the responsibility of the Board when it comes to the annual audit. Therefore, the course covers in detail the areas where interactions are required but as well leaves sufficient room for the exchange of opinions and the sharing of examples that will let Directors reflect on their past experience and further prepares Directors to continue in their role as Board members.
The main features of the program are:
- Disaggregation of audit cycle and highlighting areas/situations where interactions with the auditor take place;
- Deep dive into key focus areas that Directors need to be aware in their duties;
- Case studies allowing a high degree of interaction.
Benefits of the program
The course will enable participants to get an understanding of the key concepts and responsibilities of the Directors as regards to their interactions with external auditors.
Different stages of an audit, from onboarding to release of the audit opinion, will be further discussed through the eyes of the Independent Director.
Case studies and real examples of issues involving Board members will be shared by our experts.
- Fund and investment management companies’ Directors (UCITS, SIF, SICAR, RAIF...), independent or in employment contracts;
- Managers responsible for funds and investment companies with management and/or supervisory responsibilities;
- Executives and managers of management companies and/or funds;
- Executives and managers (legal, domiciliation and compliance services) of service providers,
e.g. depository banks, administrative and domiciliary agents;
- Lawyers specialising in investment funds;
- Auditors specialising in investment funds;
- Other professionals involved in this field (insurance, infrastructure, risk management, etc.).
Date & Time
Book your spot
Member fee : 375,00€ (VAT excl)
Non-member fee: 480,00€ (VAT excl)
Share on Social Media
Agenda and schedule
Parc Hotel Alvisse
120 Route d'Echternach
1453 Luxembourg - Luxembourg
Contact the organiser
Institut Luxembourgeois des Administrateurs
| +352 26 49 58 5963