The training is part of a training program with the below topics:
- Module 1 - General introduction to Fund Governance
- Module 2 - Governance of AIF and AIFM
- Module 3 - Portfolio & risk management oversight for UCITS & Alternatives
- Module 4 - Fund Administration, Depositary and Valuation
- Module 5 - AML/CFT: key considerations for the Fund industry
- Module 6 - The role of the auditor
- Module 7 - Marketing, distribution and transfer agency
- Module 8 - ESG developments for Fund Directors
- Module 9 - Technology challenges for Fund Directors
- Module 10 - Fund Governance in Practice
This module will cover two key roles of an IFM and their oversight from a Fund governance perspective: Investment management and risk management oversight for both UCITS and Alternatives.
The Portfolio Management oversight section will provide an overview of the investment management process and address the various models of delegation and highlight key considerations for the Fund Director in their role of oversight of this functional area.
The Risk Management oversight section will provide an overview of the risk management process, relevant risks, the risk-based approach and key regulations and guidelines applicable to the governance and operation of the function. It will address the differences in risk management between a UCITS management company and an AIFM and highlight key considerations for the Fund Director in their role of oversight of this functional area. The practical application will be illustrated by means of case studies.