The successful marketing of a fund to investors encompasses a clear strategy and ongoing adherence to a myriad of rules, at Luxembourg, European and at local level in each country of distribution. The relevant regimes range from pre-marketing, solicitation, private placement and public distribution.
Key aspects covered include choosing which distribution channels are best suited to reach the fund’s target market and increase its assets under management, product governance, provision of fund documentation and various notifications/authorisations, use of share classes and fee sharing considerations.
The models, the responsibilities of the Transfer Agent (TA) irrespective of the model selected, as well as aspects such as deal and payment processing, reporting to client and authorities as well as key risks and relevant controls will be covered.
This module will address the monitoring of the marketing, distribution and transfer agency, and mitigation of key risks, the oversight by the Board over marketing to ensure that key risks are monitored and managed.
The main features of the program are:
- Marketing & Distribution – Defining
- Transfer Agency
- Key Risks and Controls
- Supervision and Oversight to be exercised at Board level
- Various case studies
Benefits of the program
The course will enable participants to get an understanding of the key concepts and responsibilities of the Directors as regards to marketing and distribution, including their interactions with distributors and transfer agents. The stages of marketing and distribution will be covered by leading industry practitioners and experts.
Case studies and real examples of issues involving Board members will be shared by our experts.
- Fund and investment management companies’ Directors (UCITS, SIF, SICAR, RAIF...), independent or in employment contracts;
- Managers responsible for funds and investment companies with management and/or supervisory responsibilities;
- Executives and managers of management companies and/or funds;
- Executives and managers (legal, domiciliation and compliance services) of service providers, e.g. depository banks, administrative and domiciliary agents;
- Lawyers specialising in investment funds;
- Auditors specialising in investment funds;
- Other professionals involved in this field (insurance, infrastructure, risk management, etc.).
Date & Time
Book your spot
Member fee : 675,00€ (VAT excl.)
Non-member fee: 865,00€ (VAT excl.)
Share on Social Media
Agenda and schedule*
*subject to changes
INNSiDE by Meliá Luxembourg
12 rue Henri M. Schnadt
2530 Luxembourg - Luxembourg
Contact the organiser
Institut Luxembourgeois des Administrateurs
| +352 26 49 58 5963