The training is part of a training program with the below topics:
- Module 1 - General introduction to Fund Governance
- Module 2 - Governance of AIF and AIFM
- Module 3 - Portfolio & risk management oversight for UCITS & Alternatives
- Module 4 - Fund Administration, Depositary and Valuation
- Module 5 - AML/CFT: key considerations for the Fund industry
- Module 6 - The role of the auditor
- Module 7 - Marketing, distribution and transfer agency
- Module 8 - ESG developments for Fund Directors
- Module 9 - Technology challenges for Fund Directors
- Module 10 - Fund Governance in Practice
The objective of this course is to understand the key roles, duties, and liabilities of fund directors, as regards the appointment, oversight and interaction with the Fund Administration, Valuation and Depositary functions of investment funds in both the UCITS and AIF areas.
This course will explore the legal and regulatory aspects and will also provide participants with best practices and practical advice. The program is designed to be highly interactive and is facilitated by Luxembourg experts.
This course is designed for directors (executive and non-executive), who want to improve their knowledge of the role and responsibilities of directors in appointing and overseeing key delegates involved in the operations of investment funds. It will also be of interest to senior managers, conducting officers and other professionals interacting with boards who look to improve their understanding of the role of a fund board and its directors.
Main learning objectives
The main features of the program are:
- Appointment and oversight of key Service Providers
- Fund Administration Services
- Depositary functions
- Ancillary Services & Operations
- Valuation of Assets in different sectors
- Regulations and Hot Topics directly applicable to these functions
- Multiple case studies integrated into the programme